Why Use Integrated Electrical?
INTEGRATED ELECTRICAL VALUE STORY
- QUANTIFIABLE SAVINGS IN THE AREA OF “COST”, “TIME”, AND “SPACE”: On average Hillphoenix customers realize a 10-15% reduction in the cost of the electrical distribution installation, 5-10% reduction in the critical path schedule and 20% reduction in the space necessary to install the electrical distribution equipment.
- CONSISTENT ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS REGARDLESS OF GEOGRAPHIC REGION: It is possible to prototype an electrical room layout by having it built in a factory. This consistency will help the facilities departments while servicing the equipment after the store opens.
- QUALITY ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS ACROSS THE COUNTRY: The quality is built in at the factory. This built in quality gives customers the option of using new contractors who normally bid more aggressively then existing “preferred contractors”. Put “preferred contractors” on notice that other contractors will now be considered because the critical electrical components are being assembled and wired in a factory. This will add competition to the bidding process and help drive down bids.
- STANDARDIZATION OF ONE ELECTRICAL GEAR VENDOR: This will help streamline and minimize spare parts.
- PROACTIVELY MANAGE THE “CHANGE ORDER” PROCESS: In most cases the customer is “stuck” with the bill the Electrical Contractor (EC) submits on change orders because the change occurs after the EC has been awarded the job. Hillphoenix negotiates excellent prices for replacement parts and passes the savings on to the customer. In the event the EC is purchasing the parts, the customer can always get a copy of the bill to determine the cost of the change order part. Now they only have to manage the labor to install the part.
- FLEXIBILITY IN GEAR SUPPLIERS: In the event the customer wants to change electrical gear suppliers (GE, Cutler Hammer Square D etc.) they do not have to change their integrated manufacturer. Hillphoenix can install all major electrical gear components in their Power Plus and Power Center designs.
- ASSISTANCE WITH “VALUE ENGINEERING”: Electrical Engineers are being pressured to finish jobs and move on to the next project. This environment is not conducive to spending time value engineering a particular design. Therefore, a bad design many times gets repeated time and time again. Hillphoenix makes the “value engineering” process an important part of the review. In most cases, suggestions are made to simplify or reduce the cost of the electrical equipment.
- ACCELERATED DEPRECIATION: UL listed and factory integrated electrical systems for primary and secondary electrical systems is considered Section 1245 personal property and eligible for a five year depreciation schedule vs. “stick built” systems over the thirty year life of the building. This generates signficant tax savings.
- ELIMINATE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH LATE DELIVERY OF EQUIPMENT
- ELIMINATE RISK ASSOCIATED WITH EQUIPMENT DELIVERED AND NOT WORKING: Most often the equipment failure is discovered at the last minute: Hillphoenix tests all electrical equipment in the factory to insure all equipment is functional when it ships.
- SINGLE SOURCE CONTACT: Hillphoenix assigns a dedicated Project Manager for coordination purposes.
- CHANGE ORDER RESOLUTION: No need to spend time with Request For Information (RFP’s) back through EE or GC. Hillphoenix can resolve most field issues the same day. Weeks are saved on the feedback loop.
- SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS FOR SINGLE LINES AND PANEL SCHEDULES: Hillphoenix assists in this process.
- MUCH EASIER TO MAINTAIN ELECTRICAL PROTOYTPE:
- ELECTRICAL SPECIFICATIONS ARE ADHERED TO REGARDLESS OF WHICH EC IS INSTALLING THE EQUIPMENT
- LAYOUTS OF ELECTRICAL ROOMS AND WALLS ARE ELIMINATED: This job is performed by Hillphoenix.
- INSURE DIMENSIONALLY ACCURATE ELECTRICAL ROOM LAYOUTS: Since the equipment is designed and built in a factory, there is no guess work on the overall dimension of the electrical lineup.
- ASSIST CLIENT WITH MAXIMIZING FLOOR SPACE FOR VALUABLE RETAIL OR BACK ROOM SPACE: Integrated electrical systems can always be installed in a smaller footprint then conventional designs.
- NO MORE DELAYS DUE TO LATE DELIVERY OF EQUIPMENT: Eliminate any excuses from the EC that would delay the job.
- EARLY RELEASE OF PERMANENT POWER: The GC can expedite the critical path schedule and possibly open the store early. Eliminates any chance of late openings due to electrical problems.