Industrial Refrigeration Systems
Second Nature - SNLTX2
SNLTX2 CO2 Direct Expansion, Cascade Refrigeration System
SNLTX2 CO2 direct expansion, cascade refrigeration systems utilize CO2 as a low-temperature, direct expansion (DX) refrigerant in a cascade system. The CO2 removes heat from display cases and walk-in freezers via copper piping that is also significantly smaller than what is typically required in traditional HFC-based, direct expansion systems, and even smaller than in our SNLT2 secondary systems. The upper cascade (primary system) is a medium-temperature refrigeration system.
- CO2 is considered a natural refrigerant with very low global warming potential (GWP=1).
- CO2 is inexpensive refrigerant compared with HFC and is widely available.
- An excess of 70 percent reduction in HFC refrigerant charge can be achieved. The entire primary refrigerant charge is confined to the machine room and condenser to enable simple leak detection and servicing.
- The piping system utilizes a modified loop copper piping system – CO2 lines are typically one to two sizes smaller than traditional DX piping systems.
- System uses efficient and quiet CO2 subcritical compressors.
- CO2 has better heat transfer properties compared to conventional HFCs.
- Excellent material compatibility – most components for commercial refrigeration can be used.
- System energy performance equivalent or better than conventional HFC systems.
- System footprint is smaller than Second Nature LT2.
- CO2 secondary technology.
SNLTX2 Refrigeration System
Please consult Hillphoenix Engineering Reference Manual for dimensions, plan views and technical specifications. Specifications subject to change without notice. Designed for optimal performance in store environments where temperature and humidity do not exceed 75°F and 55% R.H. Certified to UL 471, ANSI/NSF Standard 2,7,51 and CAN/CSA C22.2.
Learn. Discover. Plan.
Over 26,000 Trained Since 2006
PowerWall Power Systems