Advansor CO2 Trans-critical Booster System – Good for You, Good for the Environment
Industrial Refrigeration systems have traditionally relied upon two refrigeration coolant technologies for decades. Ammonia has been the de facto standard for very large systems. Synthetic halocarbon refrigerants – in use since the 1920s – account for the rest. Regulations put in place to control the usage of both—ammonia for its safety issues and the synthetics for their ozone depletion and global warming concerns—have made the two coolant technologies extremely problematic.
Enter CO2 and Advansor by Hillphoenix.
The Advansor Trans-critical booster system utilizes only one refrigerant—the abundantly available, completely sustainable and economical CO2. CO2 is neither flammable nor toxic, making it ideal in terms of installation and system operation. Further, all Advansor booster systems are carefully manufactured to achieve optimal, safe, and service-friendly operation. State-of-the-art oil control, flash gas control, and pressure regulation systems make Advansor the most reliable and energy-efficient CO2 refrigeration system on the market.
- It’s an HFC-free system – CO2 (R-744) is the only refrigerant used.
- CO2 is a “natural refrigerant” that is non-ozone-depleting (ODP=0) with almost no global warming potential (GWP=1).
- CO2 transcritical systems have proven themselves in thousands of installations throughout Europe.
- Advansor technology has a 5-year track record with over 500 installations and counting.
- The system’s higher quality heat reclaim opportunities improve store energy performance.
- Advansor systems require a lower CO2 charge and have a smaller weight and footprint compared to CO2 secondary systems.
- More efficient than conventional HFC systems in some climates.
- An excellent way to help achieve GreenChill Platinum- Level Certification.
- Air-cooled gas cooler with variable-speed fans.
- Electronic-controlled, high-pressure control valve and flash gas bypass valve ensure optimal performance at all ambient conditions.
- Simple electronic oil management system ensures adequate lubrication and long compressor life.
- A suction accumulator and heat exchanger protect low-temperature system from liquid flood-back.
- CO2 reciprocating compressors for both low- and medium-temperature loads have proven themselves in thousands of installations worldwide.
- Specially-designed evaporator coils for CO2 direct expansion operation provide good oil return back to the system.
- Electronic expansion valves on all evaporators ensure efficient coil operation.